Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The nectar is done!

So, as posted before, I hunted rosehips in the mountains last weekend. This weekend, I made nectar compot. It was kind of a long process, but definitely worth it. Isabelle, one of my best friends here, guided me through the whole process. We spent about 2 hours cutting the ends off of every tiny rosehip. After that, they soaked for an extra hour. They were then boiled together with apples, sugar, and “dulla.” I’m still not exactly sure what dulla is or if we have it in America, but it’s amazing. After boiling it, we spent about 4 hours mashing the rosehips and straining the juice. The next day we poured them into Queen’s juice bottles and sealed them in a cauldron outside. They should be all ready to drink this spring, so book your plane/train/bus tickets, kids!
PS I actually am working as well, it’s just not as interesting as what I do afterwards, sorry.
Till later,
Rajun





Isabelle













Squeezin' juice from the rosehips
Mustafa explaining something


Pretty self explanatory



Acting like it's actually hard work :)




8 comments:

Shagun said...

Hey Rajun,

You don't know me, but I work in the same company as your Dad and he was telling me about your experience in Bulgaria and also showed me your blog. It's totally encaptivating!! I'll keep visiting it to read more! Hope you continue having fun there! :)

Thomas said...

Already making Kompot! Totally jealous, yet again. Keep rocking the baba life Reggi.

Ms. W said...

hey reggie,

I haven't made compot, but i did count a ton of birds on saturday. I know you're jealous! You are truly and rock star...I agree with Tyumazh

Love, cestra ti

Longanlon said...

Дюла is quince(-tree) - Cydonia vulgaris

take care :)

Eddie S. said...

i like your layout! you're on my blogroll now so i'll be checking in every so often. sounds like you're having a good time Rajun!

Michael said...

you aren't impressing anyone

debdeb said...

hey raj! wanna go out on the porch and have some coffee?? miss ya like crazy, and rickey says hi. i love to see the pics of what your doing. miss ya like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Yes,it's hard!I think you good in this and you will be a great wife in the furure.