Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pazar

Quick little entry. Here are a couple of pics of our "pazar." This is sort of like America's version of a flea market. We have a pretty big pazar in Devin, the town closest to me on Wednesdays. Lots of people from the town go on that day, many take off work for it. You can get pretty much anything you want at most pazars. They sale anything from clothing (hot bulgarian fashion) to fruit (1 lev for a kilo of mandarins or apples...Mmmm) to household items (I bought an iron for 15 leva.) Prices are almost always negotiable at pazars. That's one reason I love them :) Our pazar here in Grohotno is a bit different. It is VERY small, and to my dismay there are no fruits or veggies for sale. But, it's a fun place for people to hang out when the weather is nice enough on Saturdays. I hear once spring and summer hit the pazar is a bit bigger...but for now, if I need sheets for my bed, or a hot wool sweater...this is where you can find me :)









No comments: