Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Charity Football in Chirpan

About 2 weeks ago I went to Chirpan. Jimmy, the volunteer there held a charity football tournament to help out one of the organizations in his town. In order to enter the tournament each participate paid a small fee. Youth teams led by youth development volunteers turned out to play and we even had teams of just volunteers...in fact, team "Az sum muj" took the silver in the end! This is just one really great example of how volunteers can organize low cost events to help out a good cause. Wait a go, Jimmy :)
ps the pictures are really bad, in fact I didn't even get any action shots...then again, who am I kidding, mom you're the only person who reads this blog anyway! For better coverage check out Jimmy's blog.


A couple of McCoy's hanging out on the sidelines




Jimmy's counterpart and temporary ref






Andrew and Lauren showing thier team spirit...AZ SAM MUJ!

3 comments:

Andrew! said...

those are great pictures! and amazing team spirit!

Pavel said...

I'm not your mother.. and I'm reading...

-Ty Ty

Anonymous said...

Uh, hello, I read too and I'm not your mother...though I do love her :)