Monday, March 3, 2008

Aide na baera! (I have no idea if this makes sense or not)

So, the weather is finally warming up a bit and you can even smell spring in the air. I invited Krissy over for a day to hang out with me because....well because I love her. I told a few people that she was coming and heard a unanimous "Aide na baera!" Which means in English (as per my trusty handy dandy dictionary) "Alright, let's all go to the hillhock." Yeah, so this one doesn't really translate...the "Baera" is just an area a few kilometers up a mountain where we spent the day and had a picnic. We hopped in my friends old jeep (which we ended up pushing halfway down the mountain later) and had an afternoon filled with good food, rakia, and yes even a little horo. Below are some pics...as always, enjoy.


Beautiful Krissy showing off our 30 yr old ride...yes that is indeed how we do. (ps don't worry peace corps...it still has seat belts :)




My wonderful friend and housemate, Erdinch!










Krissy and I helping out....you can tell by the look on my face that I'm an expert.








A couple of the boys nailing chickens to a stick...mmhmm.


1 comment:

Magdalena said...

lol, this is so funny! =) I love your blog and it makes me smile, and miss home. It would be pronounced something like "Aide na baira." Have fun! =)