Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgivin' punkins!

Happy Thanksgiving! This Thanksgiving I was asked into Ms. Vassileva's 4th grade class to talk a little bit about our tradition and to come up with a craft for the holiday. As we had already done hand turkeys in the first grade (and 4th graders do all they can to seperate themselves from THAT immaturity) I decided on a Thanksgiving Tree. Bear with me here. All of the kids brought in random clothe that they had lying around the house. We made a tree trunk with brown clothe and cut out our hand shapes on different colored cloth for the leaves. We each wrote something we were thankful for on our hands...after a while we kept thinking of so many things that I told them to put everything on there! Below are pics!


Our finished product


Tracing our hands

Ms. Vassileva and I


Cutting out clothe with the 4th grade


No comments: