Monday, May 11, 2009

My family on my side of the world (part 1)

So, after an awesome visit in the states where I got to spend hours in the garden with my grandma, flea market with my grandpa and just kick it on the porch drinking Sangria with Diddy Bones I was blessed to have my mom and sister come out to see "how I'm livin'." They were here for a total of 21 days....19 really after they got over the jet lag and car sickness from the trip out. I didn't have a lot planned for them coming down. As soon as I gave the locals a date they were off and running...planning our every meal, every trip, and every move! I've talked to many other volunteers who have had family visit. It seems they are always running all around the country and trying to squeeze in trips to Bucharest, Istanbul, and Athens. I thought about this for awhile, but decided that they would have a lot more fun just kickin' it in my little village and I was right! Later, talking to them, they told me that their best memories were of Grohotno and the wonderful people right here.



This is us in one of the many Mosque's in Istanbul. We stayed there in the city with a family that is originally from Grohotno.




Mom, Cody and I in Plovdiv before catching our bus out to Istanbul




My sister showing the kids in my neighborhood how to fill water balloons (I now use those balloons as a tool to take out litterers from my terrace :)

No comments: